Sadio Mane becomes Africa's highest-paid player
Updated: Jul 12, 2022
Sadio Mane tops the list of the highest-earning African player following his switch from Liverpool to Bayern Munich with former teammate Mo Salah close in second
Sadio Mane has joined Bayern Munich, overtaking his former teammate Mohamed Salah to become the highest-paid African player.
With one year left on his contract, the Senegal star decided to leave Liverpool this summer after six years. With the 30-year-old taking on a new challenge and earning £250,000 per week, a move to Bayern might net the Reds just over £30 million.
Seven of the top nine African stars in terms of earnings right now are Premier League players. Riyad Mahrez of Manchester City and Thomas Partey of Arsenal are tied for third place on the list, earning each £200,000 per week. The latter moved from Atletico Madrid to the north Londoners two years ago.
Highest-paid African footballers
1. Sadio Mane £250,000-a-week
2. Mo Salah £220,000-a-week
3. Thomas Partey £200,000-a-week
4. Riyad Mahrez £200,000-a-week
5. Andre Ayew £180,000-a-week
6. Achraf Hakimi £176,000-a-week
7. Nicolas Pepe £140,000-a-week
8. Wilfried Zaha £130,000-a-week
9. Naby Keita £120,000-a-week